Oct 22, 2009

The Top Five


After thoroughly scouring the assemblage of looks on style.com i have finally selected my finest five of Spring 2010. There were many outstanding presentations this September, however, these five designers served up undeniable collections infused with seductive silhouettes and artful adornments.


Lanvin - Simply Sweet
Alber Elbaz, you are precious! From capacious collars to delicate draping you've done it again...I wanted every garment, shoe, bag and accessory that traipsed down the runway. Staying true to Jeanne Lanvins' millinery beginnings, Elbaz presented classic ensembles oozing with embellishments.


Alexander McQueen - Minotaur Space Cadet
Alexander, you still shock me. I wish we were friends. And yes, those shoes are on there twice because given the opportunity I don't think I could decide which color I'd want. Your models looked like mesmeric minotaurs clomping down the runway in perfectly sculpted and patterned frocks.


Chanel - Cult Classic
Monsieur Lagerfeld, you completely fascinate me. Thick layers, classic fabrics, and a neutral color palette with surprising pops of color provided a whimsical setting for the straw clad stage at Chanel. Ballet like footwear, darling hair adornments, and pretty little purses transformed these girls into true Lagerfeld ladies.


Miu Miu - Patterned Princess
Miuccia Prada sent a neat assortment of playful patterns down the runway at Miu Miu. I always end up lusting after one of her dresses, such as !THIS!, however this time I wanted the whole collection. Each look was a perfect marriage between drape and tailoring, pattern and clashing, masculine and feminine. As usual, her sense of proportion was ever prevalent.


John Galliano - A Doll Faced Revolution
And the finest is...YOU! Everything about this collection is perfect, and it will probably inspire me for the rest of my life. John Galliano, how can i thank you enough? Meticulously embellished platforms paired with dainty girlish socks...bold, rich fabrics masked by airy chiffons and light laces...delicate, lady-like gloves and chunky pearl...pale faces with romantic head pieces...Perfection, like a Baroque fairy tale.

<3
All photos from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment